Engineering Drafter(Building Industry: Telecommunications, Electrical)
Position type: Full-time
Salary range: $50,000 – $60,000 per year depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer matching contributions, continuing education program, Bancroft University, profit sharing plan
Qualified candidates will have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering with 1+ years of drafting experience, including power, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarm, security, and IT systems. Healthcare industry exposure is a plus. This individual shall be proficient in AutoCAD, with experience in Revit. Qualified candidates will have familiarity with LEED and green building design along with knowledge of the most current lighting and electrical conservation technologies. Familiarity with telecommunications infrastructure and network design, Fiber optic and copper cabling.
It is imperative that this individual be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a good communicator. Bancroft A+E embraces a One-Team approach.
As an Engineering Drafter, you will serve as an integral part of an architectural and engineering design team, working under the direction of Project Architects and Engineers. You will work directly with design professionals to solve building electrical, telecommunications and security system design challenges, apply your knowledge of materials and construction methods, and assist in assembling full sets of construction documents. The ability to use common design tools including AutoCAD, Revit, SKM PowerTools, Bluebeam, Visio, Word, and Excel will be required.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
· Perform the overall integration of design engineering and construction sketches and specifications into coordinated AutoCAD and Revit drawings and plans.
· Draft the design of electrical, telecommunications and security systems for new and renovated building construction projects.
· Exhibit knowledge of local and national building codes and standards, AIA and CSI standards and practices.
· Ability to perform design calculations and determine specifications requirements.
· Prepare accurate complex electrical system drawings and details, including but not limited to power, lighting, fire alarm, lightning protection, grounding, nurse call, ICT, security, AV, etc.
· Partner closely with assigned project architects and engineers to develop, verify and coordinate technical aspects of all designs.
· Create and update CSI Division 26, 27 and 28 specifications.
· Maintain project documentation, including calculations, project files, etc.
· Interface with vendors; evaluate/select equipment under supervision.
· Review electrical, telecommunications and security systems shop drawings; respond to Requests for Information.
· Participate in client meetings and interviews, as assigned.
· Travel as required by project assignments.
· B.S. in Architectural or Electrical Engineering (with an emphasis in Construction)
· Orlando, FL 32825
· United States (Required)
Please note: Candidates without building, design and construction experience will not be considered.