Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Salary Range: Varies based on knowledge, skills, and experience.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for highly self-motivated individuals excited to contribute to our efforts in creating more effective healing environments.
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Our services include planning, architectural design, engineering, and construction management. We specialize in highly technical and efficiently complex facilities in the Healthcare market. Our project locations span across the United States.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Organize and collaborate with assigned project team to create documentation for project deliverables through all project phases. (i.e., Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation)
- Work with consultants, both internal and external, to coordinate project scope of work and associated documentation.
- Be able to work independently to research Building Codes, Products and Materials on an as needed basis.
- Review, edit and compose project specifications.
- Assist VP of Design & Director of Design with development of presentation materials, including but not limited to project renderings.
- Follow established company standards for technical drawings and documentation.
- Coordinate and lead other members of the project team on site visits to verify existing conditions and assist in documenting existing conditions as required for each project.
- Perform Construction Administration for projects currently in Construction Phase.
- Perform quality assurance quality control reviews of projects as directed by the VP of Architecture.
- Travel to job sites for project associated work
- Participate in client interviews for future projects on an as-needed basis.
- Stay up to date on changes to International Building Code, NFPA, and ADA guidelines; familiarity with the Veteran Affairs Technical Information Library (TIL).
- Stay up to date on changes to current building and design trends within the commercial and healthcare markets.
- Provide mentorship staff.
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience Qualifications
- College degree in Architecture, Design, or a related field.
- Minimum 10-15 years of overall experience, with an emphasis on leading production teams of varying project size.
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketchup, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam Revu.
- In addition to the above the Project Architect position requires the following:
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from NAAB Accredited University
- Professional Licensure (US) or currently taking the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE). Must be on track to be licensed.
- NCARB, LEED and / or EDAC certification is preferred, but not required.
- Bancroft offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, wellness, life insurance, 401k, and PTO.
- Employee perks include a hybrid/flexible work environment, dog-friendly office, and professional development time.
- As part of Bancroft’s mission for continued excellence, we provide also provide an education tuition reimbursement program as well as reimbursement for Licensure and Certification Exams.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
To apply: Send your resume with a sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org