Project Architect Opening
To apply: Send your resume with a sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bancroft Architects + Engineers has an opportunity for a Project Architect to join our office located in Northbrook, IL. Our team is growing, and we are looking for highly self-motivated individuals excited to contribute to our efforts in creating more effective healing environments.
About Our Firm
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with an expert team of professionals specializing in planning, architecture, engineering, design, and construction management of highly technical and efficiently complex facilities across the country.
Typical Responsibilities – What You Will Do
• Manages critical path process and leads project team through all technical and production aspects from initial stages of pre-design through to project completion.
• Partner closely with assigned Project Manager to coordinate client needs and expectations throughout the project.
• Partner closely with assigned project engineers and consultants to develop, verify, and coordinate technical aspects of designs.
• Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates, and resolves project-related issues.
• Perform construction administration duties (i.e., RFIs, ASIs, submittal reviews, punch lists, etc.)
• Support the quality control efforts by assisting in the review of design/construction documents prepared by others.
• Assist in organizing team efforts and client meetings.
• Participate in client interviews for future projects on an as-needed basis.
• Willing to travel for project associated work.
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience Qualifications
• Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture. Degree must be from an accredited program.
• Minimum of 10 – 15 years of overall experience.
• Professional Licensure (US) or currently taking the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE). Must be on track to be licensed.
• NCARB certification is preferred, but not required.
• Experience in leading the integration of technical design for small to large scale projects. Healthcare experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out.
• Must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD and have experience leading BIM project production teams in both Revit and AutoCAD and proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Understanding of project management process.
• Must be knowledgeable of current changes to International Building Code, NFPA, and ADA guidelines; familiarity with the Veteran Affairs Technical Information Library (TIL) is preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of current building and design trends within the commercial and healthcare markets.
• Possess strong communication and organizational skills, be a team player, and a mentor to staff.
About Working Here- Benefits!
Bancroft offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, wellness, life insurance, 401k, and PTO. Employee perks include a hybrid/flexible work environment, dog-friendly office, professional development time and bonuses.
As part of Bancroft’s mission for continued excellence, we provide also provide an education tuition reimbursement program.
Salary range: Depending on knowledge, skills, and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Post Date: September 24, 2021