Summer Intern (Architecture)
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Salary Range: Varies based on knowledge, skills, and experience.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for highly self-motivated individuals excited to contribute to our efforts in creating more effective healing environments.
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Our services include planning, architectural design, engineering, and construction management. We specialize in highly technical and efficiently complex facilities in the Healthcare market. Our project locations span across the United States.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with assigned project team to create documentation for project deliverables through all project phases. (i.e., Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documentation)
- Work with consultants, both internal and external, to assist Project Architect in coordinating project scope of work and associated documentation.
- Be able to work independently to assist Project Architect with Building Codes, Products and Materials research on an as needed basis.
- Assist Project Architect, VP of Design & Director of Design with development of presentation materials, including but not limited to project renderings.
- Follow established company standards for technical drawings and documentation.
- Participate with other members of the project team to verify existing conditions and assist in documenting existing conditions as required for each project.
Skill, Knowledge, Education and Experience Qualifications
- Completion of 2 years of college level education (minimum) with a concentration in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
- Verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD, REVIT, Sketchup, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam Revu.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bancroft Architects + Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active-duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
Employee perks include a hybrid/flexible work environment, dog-friendly office, and professional development time
To apply: Send your resume with a sample portfolio to email@example.com