Pools are licensed by The State of Illinois, Department of Public Heath (IDPH). Complying with the Virginia Graeme Baker Act (VGB) requires the proper anti-entrapment drain.
- Is your pool on the State of Illinois (IDPH) list of non-compliant pools?
- Is your facility compliant with the VGB Act?
- Are you prepared to be licensed to operate in the 2012 season?
On December 19, 2007, President Bush signed the Virginia Graham Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act into law. The Act requires that all public swimming pools and spas be equipped with anti-entrapment drain covers to comply with the ASME/ANSI A112.19.8-2007 Standard.
The legislation is named in memory of Virginia Graeme Baker, the granddaughter of former Secretary of State James Baker.
The legislation is intended to:
- Prohibit the manufacture, sale or distribution of drain covers that do not meet anti-entrapment safety standards established by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Create a program for states to adopt pool safety laws requiring certain child protection water safety devices.
- Establish a National Drowning Prevention Program within the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Our personnel at Bancroft have over 30 years of aquatic design & engineering. We have helped a number of pool facilities to maintain their license and comply with the VGB Act for the 2012 season. If you have questions or require assistance please contact our team directly at 847-952-9362 and speak with our aquatic specialist Mel Janczak, to discuss your pool/spa and schedule an appointment.